Welcome to your apprenticeship with The Vocational Academy!
You have either already completed a traineeship with us, or you have completed a traineeship or similar programme elsewhere. Or you have already been working with your employer and you have been given the opportunity to undergo further training through this apprenticeship. Or you have gone directly into an apprenticeship with a new employer.
Regardless of how you got here, befroe we can get you stuck into your studies, we need to make sure you know all about your apprenticeship, how everything works, what’s expected, plan your learning journey and much more.
This course is designed to get you through all of the remaining steps needed to ensure you are fully enrolled and inducted. Once all stages have been completed, your apprenticeship studies and content will be unlocked on the platform. Please be advised, this platform does not replace any classroom and/or practical learning.
You may also find that your apprenticeship also involves a mix of classroom learning at one of our centres, learning on the job and any additional projects/tasks as required.
Before you can begin your apprenticeship studies however, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Apprentice agreement upload (and completion if required)
- Your completed skills scan – this is ESSENTIAL to enable us to plan your apprenticeship perfectly for YOU as an individual.
- TVA policies and procedures (there are some interactive tasks here, such as a quiz at the end to ensure you are familiar with all of the important policies)
- PREVENT – there is an online course for you to complete here. A certificate will need to be uploaded as evidence of completion.
- Safeguarding – as above, you will need to upload proof of completion of this training before being able to progress further.
- British values – this is an interactive section of the platform that is really quite informative (a number of the questions in the quiz will be on this topic too!)
- Confirmation of booking/completion of your employer induction and initial workplace training.
- Your commitment statement and OTJ forms will need to be uploaded into this section – this is completed with your employer. We can support with this too.
- Finally – you will work through the last section to build you ILP – individual learning plan. This will make sure your apprenticeship is mapped out for you based on the information above (your skills scan etc), with SMART targets set for regular review with your tutor.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to progress onto your main programme. The admin team, your tutor and learner support assistant will work with you every step of the way through this induction section of your apprenticeship. You’ll be ready to go in no time at all! With a perfectly designed and agreed, bespoke apprenticeship programme.
We look forward to working with you!
The TVA apprenticeship team.