Welcome to our 6 week short course on project management.
Over the course of the next six weeks you will learn some of the main topics within project management, such as:
- An introduction to project management – what is a project? Why is project management imoprtant? The project lifecycle and stakeholders.
- How to plan a project, such as developing project plans, creating a work breakdown structure (WBS), resourcing and more.
- Project execution, such as developing a successful project team, stakeholder management and managing risks
- Project monitoring and control: tracking performance, managing quality and achieving success
- Project closing: closing out the project, reflecting on performance and making adjustments for the next project, evaluation and celebrating success
- Project management tools and techniques, where you will look at the various technologies available that make managing a project much easier. You will also look at some project management principles and practices.
As you can see, upon completion, you will have a good grasp on some of the key concepts within project management. This course sets you up perfectly to be able to progress and continue your studies should you choose to so.
Progression opportunities can include fully recognised and accredited project management qualifications such as PRINCE and many others, right to degree level and beyond.
What learning tools are on this platform?
Many! Working with your tutor, you will progress through a series of video lectures, presentations and quizzes. This platform is designed to be highly interactive and will give you everything you need to complete and pass this course.
Upon completion, you will achieve our certificate of completion, recognising your achievement. As outlined above, this is where you will then be able to progress to the next stage should you choose to do so.
How am I assessed on this course?
You will be assessed through 2 quizzes in module 1, followed by 3 assignments, one for each module up to module 4.
Your tutor will work with you on these assignments and will guide you as much as they can. Please also remember however, you must be an independent learner for this course, managing your time effectively to achieve your goals.
Where you need any additional support however, please feel free to ask us as many questions as you need throughout the course! We will aim to respond to you within 48 hours. In instances where this has not happened, please feel free to send us a reminder.
We hope you enjoy the course!