This is NOT your typical government apprenticeship, because it is not government funded and has many benefits over the standard apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
This is an excellent opportunity. This is NOT your typical government apprenticeship, because it is not government funded and has many benefits over the standard apprenticeship. This is because you typically graduate faster; between 4 to 10 months depending on the course you choose (explained below); as opposed to 18-24 months. Furthermore, you have the option to study more advanced courses and qualify at a much higher level than with the standard government apprenticeship.
– You make your application and attach your CV
– If successful, we contact to invite you to an information session and interview
– Once successful, you will begin your placement and training, which works out like this:
– The gym you work at will have paid half of your fees for you, to which you then work back at a rate of £6.92 per hour.
– You can earn additional income whilst working at the gym in the form of commission for all new members recruited by you (typically £10 per new member)
– At the same time, you pay back the other half of the course fees. You can either use our student loans facility or our student budget account – repayments start from only £15 per month.
– In fact, you have two opportunities to earn extra income to help pay the other half.
You will be given marketing training – HANDS ON! This means that as well as advertising your own business, you will advertise the gym too. And for every new member signed up, you get paid £10.
You can begin building your own business when you get to a certain stage on the course as a personal trainer. You will begin training clients at our studio on a pay as you train basis. This means that you begin earning income pretty quickly, based on your own determination to build your client base.
Our apprenticeship is second to none. And so is our personal training course! Your gym instructor duties will also be a valuable experience, which is essential for the fitness industry.
It’s new and improved! As well as the personal training course, you get hands on experience in business and marketing….
THAT’S WHERE A LOT OF SELF-EMPLOYED TRAINERS LACK… AND WHY THEY FAIL.
What will you learn from this course?
Upon successful joining as our apprentice personal trainer, you will undergo intense training as a gym instructor. Depending on your time commitments, within 2-4 weeks, you will be qualified as an instructor, ready to take your studies to the next level: Personal Training.
Once you complete the level 2 Gym Instructor, you will start the level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
**You can also choose to study the advanced diploma in personal training or the ultimate diploma in personal training.
Whilst you’re working between 6-16 hours at the gym, you will also be studying one of our personal training diplomas on a part-time basis.
To give you an idea, here’s exactly what you cover, with some examples of how you assessed too:
– Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology (multiple choice theory exam)
– Level 2 Principles of Exercise (multiple choice theory exam)
– Health, Safety and Welfare in a fitness environment (worksheets/workbook)
– Know how to support your client (worksheets/workbook)
– Planning Gym Based Exercise (programme design)
– Instructing Gym Based Exercise (practical observation)
– Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology (multiple choice theory exam)
– Level 3 Nutrition (multiple choice theory exam and case study)
– Advanced Programming for personal training (case study and worksheets)
– Delivering personal training sessions (case study, worksheets and practical observation)
**And you will also study lots of extra qualifications if you choose the advanced or ultimate personal courses!
How is the course delivered?
The courses are delivered on weekends, spread apart roughly every other weekend. You will attend weekend days from 10am to around 3-4pm depending on what is being covered.
In between these weekends, you will be working at our gym performing Gym Instructor duties and practicing your marketing skills. You will have a workbook to work through that you will complete as part of your shift. You will also be using this time to revise and complete any tasks set at the study weekends.
Once you reach a certain stage in the course, you will be able to add Personal Training to your duties at our gym! Exciting! You will now be building your business.
Can I make a good living once qualified?
Upon graduation, you will either be employed directly by our partner company as a freelance personal trainer – New Body Gyms Ltd
You will be interviewed and employed by one of our partners we have built trusted relationships with.
IMPORTANT: To apply for this course, please go to https://efa1.wufoo.eu/forms/m1ndmdwd1do6020/.
Choose this training course:
Why choose our GYMFACTOR Personal Trainer Apprentice in Essex?
- Excellent, highly rated vocational training
- Vocational courses in Fitness, Teaching, Security, Teaching and more....
- Multiple funding options available for all courses
- Flexible Study Options - online, part-time and bespoke 1-2-1/small group delivery