Progress your career with our exercise referral courses in Essex
Who is this course for?
Exercise referral is for existing fitness professionals who want to work with people with low lying health conditions.
Once qualified, you will be able to work with a range of medical health conditions such as mild to moderate hypertension, obesity, diabetes, arthritis and more.
In short, with exercise referral, you do not need to turn away potential clients just because they have a low lying health condition. You can now change their lives doing what you do best – using exercise.
You can apply for this course if you are level 2 qualified as a gym instructor or equivalent. However, this course is great if you are qualified as a personal trainer.
What will you learn from this course?
You will undertake level 3 anatomy and physiology followed by a theory exam. You will also study the roles and responsibilities of an exercise referral instructor in addition to limitations.
And most interestingly, you will study a range of medical issues and will qualify with new found knowledge and insight in to a whole range of medical illnesses, their causes, symptoms and treatment.
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered part-time on set weekends that are set apart strategically to enable you to fit your studies around your other commitments.
You will attend 3 weekends (2 weekends if you have already qualified as a personal trainer due to already passing the level 3 anatomy and physiology exam). Within 6-8 weeks, you will have qualified as an exercise referral instructor.
Can I make a good living once qualified?
You will be able to either:
– Work in a gym that delivers a government funded, exercise referral scheme
– Set up your own scheme by working closely with local doctor surgeries
– Work with other professionals qualified to work in the medical sector
– Retain new clients without having to send them away should they have any medical issues
Choose this training course:
Why choose our Exercise Referral Qualification in Essex?
- Excellent, highly rated vocational training
- Vocational courses in Fitness, Teaching, Security, Teaching and more....
- Multiple funding options available for all courses
- Flexible Study Options - online, part-time and bespoke 1-2-1/small group delivery