Congratulations on embarking on this transformative journey towards becoming a skilled bricklayer. This program has been meticulously designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors (KSBs) necessary to excel in the field of bricklaying and prepare you for your End Point Assessment (EPA).
Here’s a Brief Overview of Your Journey Ahead:
- Hands-On Assignments: You will be working on four comprehensive assignments that will immerse you in various aspects of bricklaying:
- Assignment 1: Basics of Bricklaying and Tool Handling
- Assignment 2: Bricklaying Patterns, Designs, and Advanced Techniques
- Assignment 3: Mortar Mixing, Composition, and Application Techniques
- Assignment 4: Health, Safety, and Efficiency on the Bricklaying Site
- Assessment and Feedback: Your progress will be continually assessed based on the evidence you provide within your workbooks, the quality of your bricklaying projects, and the insights from your reflective accounts. Constructive feedback will be offered to help you grow and refine your skills.
- EPA Preparation: Towards the end of your apprenticeship, you will undergo a rigorous preparation phase for the End Point Assessment (EPA). This includes mock assessments, feedback sessions, and dedicated Q&A periods to clarify any doubts.
- End Point Assessment (EPA): Your final assessment will evaluate your proficiency in all KSBs. The evidence you’ve compiled in your workbooks, combined with a hands-on bricklaying assessment, will form the basis of your EPA.
A Few Tips as You Begin:
- Engage actively with each assignment, and don’t hesitate to seek feedback.
- Use the workbooks to guide your learning and ensure you’re meeting the KSBs.
- Take photographs, videos, and notes during your practical sessions. This evidence is invaluable for your assessments.
- Collaborate and learn from your peers. They can offer fresh perspectives and insights.
Remember, this apprenticeship is not just about learning the mechanics of bricklaying but also understanding the art and passion behind each brick laid. Embrace the journey, the challenges, and the successes, and soon enough, you’ll be molding the future, one brick at a time.
Best of luck, and welcome aboard!