Level 3 Award in Education and Training (Formerly PTLLS)
Considering a career in teaching?
This teacher training qualification provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- individuals not currently teaching or training as achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching;
- students currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) although the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching;
- or currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
What will I be covering:
In summary, you will cover teaching approaches within the classroom, basic behaviour management and theories behind different styles of learning. You will also cover inclusive teaching strategies for a varied classroom in addition to the principles and practices of assessment. This is an engaging and fun teacher training course, giving you a good insight in to the career:
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Methods to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Know the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Know the types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Understand how to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain the quality assurance and the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
- Be able to facilitate one to one and group learning and development
Is this qualification accredited?
Yes: By YMCA Awards/Active IQ – meaning that this course is fully regulated by Ofqual, ensuring your achievement is nationally recognised as a professional, vocational qualification.
What can I do with this qualification when I finish?
You to be able to begin your career in teaching as a trainee teacher in further education. You could be working in a college or with private training providers. Typically, as part of your employment, you will also be required to enrol on at least the level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or higher. This is an excellent qualification to help you either get your ‘foot in the door’ or as a stepping stone on to further training if you are already teaching.
How is this course delivered?
As this is a face to face career, we only believe in direct delivery of the course either on a full-time or part-time basis. Should you choose part-time, you will come in for one evening a week for three weeks. You’ll also have an additional 1-2 weeks to complete your remaining paperwork if needed.
The full-time option gives three full days of teaching and two home study/workshop days to complete final worksheets.
Either way, your final assessment at the end of the classroom delivery is the micro-teach.
What is the cost?
- £480 per person full-time: 3 days (4 days if needed)
- £420 per person part-time: 3 weekday evenings once a week
REMEMBER! These fees can be spread across 4 months, interest free with only a 20% deposit.